To reach the unsaved, through Godly examples and outreach ministries aimed at winning souls by providing for the spiritual, social, and temporal needs of mankind.
We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible word of God.
We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
We believe in the Blessed Hope, which is the rapture of the Church of God, which is in Christ, at His return.
We believe that the only means of being cleansed form sin is through repentance, faith in the precious blood of Jesus Christ.
We believe that regeneration by the Holy Ghost is absolutely essential for personal salvation.
We believe that redemptive work of Christ on the cross provides healing for the human body in answer to believing prayer.
We believe that the baptism in the Holy Ghost, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for it.
We believe in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy and separated life in the present world, Amen !
Doctrine of the Church of God In Christ
The Church of God in Christ was organized in 1897 in a Mississippi cotton gin house. From that humble genesis, the Church of God in Christ has grown to its present status of ministries in the fifty states of America and in fifty-two countries around the world.
In 1920, Bishop Charles Harrison Mason, the founder of the Church of God in Christ came to Valdosta, Georgia to organize the Church of God in Christ in Florida and Georgia. Mother Susie Clark Johnson, who was pastoring a Church of God congregation in Tampa, Florida was at the meeting.
Mother Clark Johnson returned to Tampa and convinced her Green Street congregation to become a part of the Church of God in Christ.The Church of God in Christ believed in Paul's teachings in I Timothy, chapter 3. Therefore, in 1922, Bishop Curtis appointed Elder J.J Flowers (pictured to the left) as the first pastor of the Church of God in Christ in Tampa, Florida. The church moved from its Green Street location to Blanche Street.
In 1925, the church purchased property on the corner of 26th Avenue and 25th Street and built two (2) wooden structures, which were destroyed by fire. The third church was constructed of stone. This church eventually was named College Hill Church of God in Christ. This building existed until 1976.Elder Flowers pastored the church from his appointment in 1922 until the Lord called him home in July, 1964.
In October, 1964, Bishop W.R. Nesbitt appointed Elder W.E. Davis (pictured to the left) to pastor College Hill Church of God in Christ. Bishop Davis had a vision to one day build a multi-purpose church. In 1976, God allowed his vision to become reality. On Sunday, December 26, 1976, Bishop W.E. Davis and the congregation moved into a new edifice on the corner of 30th Street and Diana Avenue.
Bishop W.E. Davis went home to be with the Lord in October 1997. In November, 1997, the membership requested that Bishop C.D. Owens appoint, Bishop Davis's son, Elder Charles Davis as the Pastor of the College Hill Church of God in Christ. Elder Charles Davis is a man, like his father, a man with a vision. Under his leadership, the College Hill Church of God in Christ has continued to flourish. The church is involved in several ministries, including Social Service Ministries, such as, Foster Care and Adoptions.